Teaching Science and Technology K-6 with Confidence
A professional learning course to help K – 6 teachers understand the new 2017 Science and Technology K-6 syllabus
Registered Course Code RG03511
This 5 hour NESA registered course is held at the Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS) at Chowder Bay. The course will help teachers to unpack the new syllabus and show how teachers can complement their own Science and Technology programs by engaging students with scientists and real world environmental challenges.
Course participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the new syllabus
- Develop skills and confidence to teach science and technology through practical investigations that are creative, engaging and use an inquiry-based model
- Share their experiences and knowledge with other teachers
- Develop a relationship with EZEC staff and other K-6 teachers to provide ongoing support and resource sharing, with a focus on Working Scientifically, Living World and Digital Technology content
Pre-course reading – Participants must watch the syllabusPLUS adobe connect session – Unpacking the syllabus NR21149. The Adobe Connect session unpacks and broadens participants’ knowledge and understanding of the new Science and Technology K-6.
Register for this course visit MyPL on the DoE Portal and register using the course code RG03511 or directly here.
Date: Tuesday 18th September
Time: 9am – 3pm
Location: Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS) 19 Chowder Bay Rd Mosman
Course Flyer: Teaching Science and Technology K – 6 with Confidence
1. Inquiry based learning – planning and programming for the new Science and Technology K-6 syllabus
- 2. Tour of SIMS and how teachers can use EZEC’s as a resource for teaching K-6 Science and Technology.
- 3. Practical investigations that meet the Living World and Working Scientifically strands of the syllabus.
- 4. Activities that focus on the Digital Technologies strand of the syllabus.
Follow up marine science resources
Adaptations of species Fact Sheets