Supporting Student Environmental Leadership
Course Code NR 09665
This 1.5 hour ‘non registered’ course, builds capacity for teachers to support and empower their school’s student environmental leaders to effectively develop and run school and community environmental projects.
An ‘optional’ follow-up registered course will also be offered, for those teachers wishing to obtain additional hours of accredited professional learning. Participants will document their student’s journey towards developing and enacting their sustainability projects. Further details to be advised.
A 1.5 hour workshop on:
1. Theory and rationale for supporting student leadership including student well being and effective practice
2. Developing steps to a successful project using the DoE Sustainability Action Process (SAP)
3. Sharing sessions about how each participant runs their environment group and successful projects they supervised
4. Case studies of successful student led projects
5. Supporting student led presentations.
Next Course Details
Date: Monday 21st March
Location: Taronga Zoo
Who is eligible to attend: School environment group leaders attending the GoMad Youth Environment Forum. This course will be scheduled for all teachers attending the forum as part of the GoMad event.
How do I apply: Enroll through the DEC MYPL portal. Search for Course code NR09665