Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre is located on historic Observatory Hill between the headquarters of the National Trust (NSW) and Fort Street Public School.
Phone: (02) 9247 7321
Fax: (02) 9247 4787
Email: [email protected]
Connected Classroom: 30170855
Observatory Hill EEC
PO Box 43
Upper Fort St
Getting to the Centre:
- Rail (option one) – Alight at Wynyard station and take the York St exit. Walk north along Clarence Street, using the pedestrian subways to avoid Harbour Bridge traffic, follow the Bradfield Highway, and walk over the footbridge and follow signs directing you to the EEC.
- Rail (option two) – Alight at Circular Quay Station. Walk through the Rocks into Argyle St and turn left into Watson Rd and Upper Fort Street. As a short cut, rather than walking up Argyle Street, you can follow the directions in Argyle Street to the Pylon Lookout and use the Bridge Stairs to enter Watson Road and then continue to Upper Fort Street. Walk in front of Fort St Public school to the EEC.
- Ferry – use the above directions from Circular Quay.
- Bus (option one) – Alight in Argyle Street near the Garrison Church and walk up Watson Road to Upper Fort Street. Walk in front of Fort St Public school to the EEC.
- Bus (option two) – Alight in Kent Street (near Agar Steps) and walk up the steps, through the National Trust carpark and across the footbridge over the Cahill Expressway.
- Driving – parking is available but limited, therefore prior arrangements must be made.