Observatory Hill EEC is part of a state-wide network of Environmental Education Centres, which are run by the NSW Department of Education. All Environmental Education Centres in NSW provide support and advice to teachers and school communities to assist them in integrating sustainability education objectives across all key learning areas, as well as support for the implementation of the Sustainability Education Policy For Schools.
Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre is able to cater for fieldwork and special projects supporting most key learning areas. We can support K – 12 learning outcomes in:
- Environmental & Sustainability education
- Aboriginal perspectives
- Creative Arts
- Design and Technology
- curriculum linked excursions specialist teaching staff to plan and lead your students on field trips
- incursions based around special focus areas
For school-based support we can:
- offer NESA registered professional development in sustainability education in your school
- conduct environmental/sustainability education awareness programs with students and assist with special focus days
- provide ideas for fieldwork project activities in your local environment
In addition Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre also supports schools by providing:
- links to organisations with a focus on the environment and environmental education.
- a venue for meetings
Further environmental and sustainability education information is available from the DOE Curriculum Support website.
For further information contact [email protected]