Observatory Hill EEC is part of a state-wide network of Environmental Education Centres, which are run by the NSW Department of Education and Communities. All Environmental Education Centres in NSW provide support and advice to teachers and school communities to assist them in integrating sustainability education objectives across all key learning areas, as well as support for the implementation of the Sustainability Education Policy For Schools.
Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre is able to cater for fieldwork and special projects supporting most key learning areas. We provide a special focus on:
- Aboriginal Studies
- Creative Arts
- Design and Technology
- Human Society and its Environment
- day visits
- specialist teaching staff to plan and lead your students on field trips
- support material and worksheets
For school-based support we can:
- address staff meetings
- offer staff training and development in sustainability education
- conduct environmental/sustainability education awareness programs with students and assist with special focus days
- collaborate with staff in developing school environmental action plans
- assist with DEC Agenda priorities relevant to fieldwork and environmental/sustainability education
- provide ideas for fieldwork project activities in your local environment
In addition Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre also supports schools by providing:
- a link into an expansive network of contacts in organisations with a focus on the environment and environmental education.
- a library of resources on Environmental Education and the urban environment available for loan.
- a venue for conferences, teacher professional learning days, special events and school development days.
Further environmental and sustainability education information is available from the DEC Curriculum Support website.
For further information contact [email protected]